Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Re-Lactation Day 6

Day 6 (sept 19th,2010)

Yesterday was a difficult day, Samantha was fussy most the day which made it hard for me to pump. so i wasn't able to pump as much as i would like. I did however got her to latch for a moment after her bath, she was nice and relaxed and i managed to get her (i know i have enough of a supply now that she wont pull of right away now) now just trying to get her to latch well thats a struggle. i think my output would increase when she latches more often. so we are working on that, any hints ill take them.

i finally got my husband on my side again, he just doesn't want to see me be disappointed again if this doesn't work. i explained to him that i want to do this for the benefits it has for Samantha i also let him know there is probably a chance that i will have to continue supplementing which im okay with i just want her to get as much breast milk as possible. and i was pretty proud that i got 1.5 ounces for all day. so that is 1.5 ounces that Samantha wont be getting formula today.

i know that this journey is what is best for both Samantha and I, im a stay at home mom so i have the time to focus on pumping and reestablish a breastfeeding relationship. now im not saying working moms cant do this either (i know most the girls that i doing this with are working moms)

also im proud to announce that i had a SOLID stream coming out of one of my breast last night i got so excited it stopped lmao.

No comments:

Post a Comment