Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Number Crunch

As we all know i have been writing down all my numbers breastmilk given,formula given, and amount of pumped breastmilk.

so i crunched the numbers and here are our numbers for the week

Total Breastmilk given:  71 ounces
Total Formula given:     87 ounces
Total pumped:           151 ounces
Total take in:          158 ounces

so when its all said and done she took in 158 ounces all week, and im 7 ounces short for her total intake. meaning she can take all breastmilk for the week and i would only have to supplement 7 ounces!

This weeks goal is to cut down our formula intake (its a little higher this week because we did one full day of formula thinking it was the switch that was effecting Samantha's sleeping)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Berry, I just found your blog and wanted to say that you are doing an amazing job! I have had low supply issues from the beginning and have to work so hard to get enough BM, my son is 12 weeks old. I still supplement with 4-6 oz of formula a day but am working towards weaning. Great job, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy i am glad i was able to help, part of the reason why i started the blog was to reach out to other moms, that either stop breastfeeding and didnt want to or ones with low supply know that it can be done. keep up the good work remember some breastmilk is better then none.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You truly are an inspiration for me, it's amazing how far you have come, pretty soon Samantha will be on 100% mommy's milk! For me, I feel like what I eat, how much water I drink and if I have oatmeal or not that day really makes a difference in my supply, I guess I am really sensitive to what goes in my body in terms of how much I make, I feel like I really have to work hard every day to make as much as I am, but it's still not enough. I am on maternity leave now so I have the time to eat well, drink tons of water, drink my mothers milk tea 3 times a day, make my morning oatmeal, etc. I hope I can keep it up when I go back to work in Dec. but right now my goal is to keep doing what I am doing and keep the supplementation to 4-6 oz of formula until December. Then I'll set another goal. . . baby steps!

    ReplyDelete